Thursday, August 20, 2009

Seven Favorite Things

Jenn from SapphireRomanceRealm sent me this very colorful blog award along with a couple rules about accepting it. I have to share my favorite 7 things and then pass the award along to 7 other blogs. So here are my 7 Favorite Things:

1. My DH ~ Without question, he tops my list. I know it sounds sappy, but we are everything to each other. There's a reason I write romance and he sleeps beside me every night. He makes me feel like the luckiest woman on the planet.

2. My family ~ We have two terrific daughters and I'm so proud of them both. My parents are a big part of our lives (even though we live far apart) and we have a large extended family of siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. on both sides of the house.

3. Traveling ~ Airports, harbors and train stations are about the most exciting places on the planet because they are portals to an adventure.

4. Cracking the spine on a new book ~ I'm hard on my books. I break their backs. I turn down pages. I devour them. I live every story I read.

5. The quality of light just after dawn ~ Give me a cup of coffee and a drowsy world stretching and waking and I'm a happy camper.

6. The slice of silence after an anthem ~ When the last note dies away in church, before anyone can rustle a bulletin or cough, you can almost hear the echo of heaven.

7. An afternoon in an art museum ~ When I look at a fine painting or walk around a statue, I can see the artist's soul. And a soul is a terrifyingly beautiful thing to behold.

Now I get the joy of paying this award forward! Here are seven blogs I find worthy of a Kreativ Blog Award:

1. TheBookBinge ~ Three women who love to read share what they think.

2. CheekyReads ~ Just what it sounds like. A sassy girl's guide to good books!

3. McIntyresHouseOfMuse ~ My friend Amanda McIntyre's blog!

4. HistoryUndressed ~ A fascinating look at some of the more obscure points of history. Always eye-popping!

5. PetitFoursAndHotTamales ~ A diverse group of authors who tackle a wide range of topics, writerly and otherwise.

6. TheRoyalReviews ~ A terrific Aussie blog! The Royal Court had me down for a week (virtually speaking) and gave me the royal treatment.

7. TheQuirkyLadies ~ A fun blog with an eclectic group of writers!

Hope you enjoy visiting some of these favs of mine. Thanks again to Jenn from SapphireRomanceRealm (another great blog to check out!)

What are your favorite things?

15 comments:

JennJ said...

You are more than welcome for the award Emily you deserve it I love visiting your place! You always have such great posts! :)

Love your list of favorite things and that is too sweet about your hubby I think that's wonderful!

You have passed it on to some great sites and some that I look forward to visiting for the first time as well. :)

God bless hon!

Teddyree said...

Congrats Em! Loved your list & beautifully said.
A big thank you {{hug}} from us at Royal Reviews

EmilyBryan said...

Thanks so much for the award, Jenn.

You know, when I started blogging, I had no idea what to say, what people might find interesting. Now I just try to start a conversation each day and hope my readers will talk back. It's been great fun.

EmilyBryan said...

Good Morning, Teddy! Please be sure to snatch up your blog award. (I'll be dropping you an e today about it, too!)

Sandy said...

Hmm. My favorite things, that's a good question. Some of them are very similiar to yours, Emily.

1. Hubby
2. Family and extended family
3. Travel (you're right about the portals to other destinations, I'm always thrilled when I enter the airport or train station)
4. Taking a walk in the fall or spring
5. Christmas (not because of presents either)
6. Easter (not because of Easter bunnies and eggs either) lol
7. Our country

EmilyBryan said...

Sandy, I think you're right. We are kindred spirits.

Dalton Diaz said...

Thank you so much for the Quirky Ladies nod! We've been enjoying your blogs for quite awhile now. Anyone who reads them can see why!

EmilyBryan said...

You're welcome, Dalton. Quirky is good!

Patricia Barraclough said...

Congratulations on the blog award. Checked out History Undressed (I'll be going back many times) and had already been to The Royal Reviews when you were there.
Like your list of 7. We share most of them.

EmilyBryan said...

Patricia--History Undressed is filled with fascinating little tidbits, just the sort of things I look for when I do research. Glad you enjoyed them too.

Eliza Knight said...

Thank you so much Emily!!!!

Glynis Peters said...

congratulations on your award,and I am off to visit your nominees.

EmilyBryan said...

Eliza, you are so welcome! I love your blog.

EmilyBryan said...

Glynis, hope you find some new favorites!

Cheeky Girl said...

Thank you so much for this award! I wish I could have given it to you first!