Jenn from SapphireRomanceRealm sent me this very colorful blog award along with a couple rules about accepting it. I have to share my favorite 7 things and then pass the award along to 7 other blogs. So here are my 7 Favorite Things:
1. My DH ~ Without question, he tops my list. I know it sounds sappy, but we are everything to each other. There's a reason I write romance and he sleeps beside me every night. He makes me feel like the luckiest woman on the planet.
2. My family ~ We have two terrific daughters and I'm so proud of them both. My parents are a big part of our lives (even though we live far apart) and we have a large extended family of siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. on both sides of the house.
3. Traveling ~ Airports, harbors and train stations are about the most exciting places on the planet because they are portals to an adventure.
4. Cracking the spine on a new book ~ I'm hard on my books. I break their backs. I turn down pages. I devour them. I live every story I read.
5. The quality of light just after dawn ~ Give me a cup of coffee and a drowsy world stretching and waking and I'm a happy camper.
6. The slice of silence after an anthem ~ When the last note dies away in church, before anyone can rustle a bulletin or cough, you can almost hear the echo of heaven.
7. An afternoon in an art museum ~ When I look at a fine painting or walk around a statue, I can see the artist's soul. And a soul is a terrifyingly beautiful thing to behold.
Now I get the joy of paying this award forward! Here are seven blogs I find worthy of a Kreativ Blog Award:
1. TheBookBinge ~ Three women who love to read share what they think.
2. CheekyReads ~ Just what it sounds like. A sassy girl's guide to good books!
3. McIntyresHouseOfMuse ~ My friend Amanda McIntyre's blog!
4. HistoryUndressed ~ A fascinating look at some of the more obscure points of history. Always eye-popping!
5. PetitFoursAndHotTamales ~ A diverse group of authors who tackle a wide range of topics, writerly and otherwise.
6. TheRoyalReviews ~ A terrific Aussie blog! The Royal Court had me down for a week (virtually speaking) and gave me the royal treatment.
7. TheQuirkyLadies ~ A fun blog with an eclectic group of writers!
Hope you enjoy visiting some of these favs of mine. Thanks again to Jenn from SapphireRomanceRealm (another great blog to check out!)
What are your favorite things?