Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Help for Cancer Patients

Well, after Adele Dubois' post yesterday about her hunky housekeeping hero, I thought I should share this. It comes from Diane Stacy, the VP of Direct Sales at Dorchester. (If you call to order a book or sign up for their Book Club, you just might get to talk to this lovely, vivacious person!) It's about a service for women who are going through chemotherapy. Here's the message Diane sent the Dorchester loop:

This is a great service that isn't well publicized.


Any woman with cancer receiving Chemo treatments can get her house cleaned monthly for 4 months while she is in treatment. If you know any woman currently undergoing Chemo for ANY type of cancer, please pass the word to her that there is a cleaning service that provides FREE Housecleaning - 1 time per month for 4 months while she is in treatment.

http://www.cleaningforareason.org/

All she has to do is sign up and have her doctor fax a note confirming the treatment. Cleaning for a Reason will have a participating maid service in her zip code area arrange for the service. This organization serves the entire USA and currently has 547 partners to help these women. Let's pass the word and let them know that there are people out there who care.


Thanks for sharing this with me, Diane! I'd be willing to bet everyone who reads this knows someone who is or has or will be going through treatment for cancer. Hope this helps somebody.

12 comments:

Gillian Layne said...

How wonderful! My husband has been a radiation therapist for over twenty years. I'll have to ask him if he's heard of this program.

EmilyBryan said...

They look legit to me and so needed. When a woman's going through chemo, the last thing she needs to do is run a vacuum.

Jane L said...

What an awesome opportunity! I will pass it on also! Thanks for the lead!

Nynke said...

What a great idea :)

EmilyBryan said...

Thanks, Jane! I should have expected a marketing whiz like you would take this and run with it!

EmilyBryan said...

Hi Nynke! It is a wonderful idea! I didn't have to go through chemo when I was diagnosed with cancer, but my mom did with breast cancer back in 1999. (She's still cancer-free, thank God!) She didn't let it get her down emotionally, but the chemo sapped her energy. I know she'd have enjoyed this service.

Deb said...

That is such a wonderful idea!

Sandy said...

What a wonderful idea.

I'm definitely going to pass this on to my mentor and owner of Eirelander Publishing. She has just had breast surgery and is starting chemo.

mrsshukra said...

Thanks for sharing this great service with us!

EmilyBryan said...

Oh, good, Sandy! I'm so glad this is going to help someone. Please tell your friend I'm praying for her return to complete health.

librarypat said...

What a wonderful, thoughtful thing to do.

Glynis Peters said...

What a wonderful idea! I will pass this along to my nursing friend in the US. Thanks for sharing, Emily.