Monday, October 4, 2010

When the Quality of Mercy WAS Strained...

My aunt, who's really into the family geneaology, recently dropped me a cryptic email telling me one of my ancestors, Sarah Towne Cloyce, was accused of witchcraft during the Salem Witch Trials of 1692. Then Aunt Shirley headed for her cabin in northern Minnesota where I couldn't reach her for more info.

So I put on my historical researcher hat and discovered Sarah's story for myself. What I learned was both fascinating and horrifying. I'm blogging about it at Brava Authors today. Kensington Brava is my new publishing home, where I'll be writing as Mia Marlowe. Hope you'll join me there!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Awesome, I'll go over to read. I'm jotting down your new "pen name" so I can look for your books coming soon I hope.

Nan

EmilyBryan said...

Thanks, Nan. My first Mia book is coming out April 26, 2011. There's an excerpt of TOUCH OF A THIEF at MiaMarlowe.com if you'd like a taste now. ;-)