Tuesday, August 17, 2010

"It's a routine procedure."

When a doctor says that, I'm always tempted to ask, "For whom?" My routine is running around in my jammies till noon and spending my days making stuff up. General anesthesia and scalpels are not routine.

I'm checking in to the hospital today for a lung biopsy. I've had persistent cough for months. The good news is my oncologist has ruled out a return of cancer, so I'm thankful for that. Hopefully, the biopsy will give them a clear picture of what's going on. Of course, I welcome your prayers.

But that means I'll be out of pocket for a bit, so for tomorrow, my buddy Erin Kellison is taking over as guest blog host with a terrific post and book giveaway. Hope you'll make sure and drop by to say hi. Later in the week, we have a Red Pencil Thursday all lined up and on Friday, debut Avon author Katharine Ashe is my guest.

And as soon as I get home tomorrow I'll pop in to let you know I'm ok.
TTYS,
Em

16 comments:

Anna Carrasco Bowling said...

Prayers for a good result going out on your behalf.

Penny Watson said...

Emily, sending positive vibes your way. I hope all is well and you'll feel better soon! Thanks for the copy of Maidensong...I can't wait to read it!

Unknown said...

Sending positive thoughts and vibes your way.

Mary@GigglesandGuns said...

Special prayers for a special person.

EmilyBryan said...

Anna, Penelope, Amber & Mary--Thanks so much for your prayers and positive thoughts.

I told my friends on the Leisure Loop I was trying to think of this as a spa day. What? They'll bring me meals on a tray and with any luck at all a good-looking fellow named Julio will give me a sponge bath! Sounds like a spa to me.

TTYS.

Christie Craig said...

Take care Emily!

CC

Susan Macatee said...

Hoping everything goes well for you, Emily. Hospitals are my least favorite place to be. Sending prayers and positive thoughts for a quick recovery, so you can get back to writing.

Unknown said...

Good wishes and many hugs for you, sugar. :)

Mary said...

Best wishes for a quick recovery, Emily. I love your attitude - spa day. That's putting a positive spin on it!

Glynis Peters said...

Best wishes from Cyprus for a quick recovery and a good result. Take care Emily.

Beth said...

Love your positive attitude and spa day reference. I must remember that. Fingers crossed and happy thoughts for good results.

Nynke said...

So glad it won't be cancer... I'll be thinking of you!

Jane L said...

Emily!

Wishing you all the best my friend! Prayers for a quick recovery and good results!

mrsshukra said...

You take good care, Emily!!!

EmilyBryan said...

Well, they finally let me out for good behavior. (Unfortunately, I wasn't feeling up to any bad behavior!) And I didn't meet anyone named Julio either.

But the main thing is, I'm home with the DH and now the docs just have to figure out what it all means.

Thank you all for your prayers and well-wishes. Hugs all around.

Anonymous said...

Take care. Hope it is nothing serious and you can get out of the hospital soon. Hopefully it won't take them too long to figure out what the problem is and fix it.