Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Things that Rarely End Well~ Survey says... Cat Baths

After I got home from the hospital last week, I had tons of get well emails to cheer me. (Thank you one and all!) One of my sisters sent me these goofy pictures to brighten my spirits. Now before I get any hatemail, let me reiterate that I have been a cat lover all my life and though I don't have one as a pet now, there have been several beloved felines in my past.

The real fun in pics like this is coming up with good captions. See if you can top these (Some are mine. Some came with the pictures.)


"But, I thought you liked me!"

"By Grabthar's Hammer, I shall be avenged!"


"Holy Catnip! That's cold!"



"No, you are NOT my friend."



"Guess who's going to forget where the litter box is for the next week?"


"Release the cat or I'll unleash the Hounds of Hell on you and all your descendants from this time forth."



"Sleep with one eye open if you know what's good for you."


"Traction, I need traction. Where is that dang bathmat anyway?"


"The Geneva Convention is going to hear about this!"



"I don't believe a word you say. The water is NOT fine."

Bear in mind, a sister who supposedly loves me and knows I have stitches sent me these.

Now it's your turn. Can you come up with a different caption for any of these kitties? Or do you have a funny cat story to share?

6 comments:

Nynke said...

Oh, those poor animals... I especially like "By Grabthar's Hammer, I shall be avenged!" :)

EmilyBryan said...

That caption was one of mine. ;-)

No, Nynke, the poor animals are the ones no one loves enough to bathe. When I found my little Susie dog at the pound, she smelled like an open sewer. I don't know how people can neglect animals in their care.

Nynke said...

Aww, poor susie - you're right. Although cats keep themselves clean, don't they? Still, stray cats are not to be envied either...

EmilyBryan said...

Now that you mention it, we did bathe the cats less frequently than the dogs, probably because they are so fastidious.

Marcy W said...

Pictures that don't respect the innate dignity of cats don't usually appeal to me, but these were good, I have to admit. Many smiles, but the last one made me laugh out loud ... your poor stitches!! Sisters are the best and the worst, aren't they? ;-)
Thanks for the laugh, Emily ... I needed one, as I've been computer-less for five days now (I'm on hubby's little one right now) and the withdrawal has been not-fun! Word from the computer shop is that mine is scrubbed virus-free and ready to come home... whew! Didn't realize how dependent I am; now I can catch up and be in touch with the world again (your blog was my first stop, by the way!)

EmilyBryan said...

Welcome back, Marcy. I agree that being computerless makes you realize how much a part of your life those little ones and zeroes really are. Thanks for making my blog a frequent stop on your cyber-treks!