Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day to my DH!

I'd like to celebrate Father's Day by sharing a little family story. When our oldest daughter was not quite two, we were out for dinner at a restaurant. At the next table, a baby started crying and the young father picked the child up and started pacing to calm the him.

"Look at that good daddy there," I said.

Our daughter shot me a look of total indignation. "Good daddy right here!" she informed me.

And she was right.

My DH is a terrific father. He supports and loves our girls with his whole heart and always has. He deserves more than one day a year of recognition.

All good daddies do. Please wish all the fathers in your life a very happy day!

2 comments:

Laurel Bradley said...

I loved this post. My DH is a "good daddy right here" too.
Thank you for sharing.
Laurel Bradley
A Wish in Time
Creme Brulee Upset
www.laurelbradley.com

EmilyBryan said...

Thanks for leaving a comment, Laurel. My DH asked the other day if anyone left a comment about his Father's Day post and now I can say he did get one!

Do you get that that's one of his favorite family stories? ;)