Monday, June 1, 2009

STROKE OF GENIUS Name a Character Contest~Enter Now!

Last year, I ran a 'just for fun' Pirate Name contest when PLEASURING THE PIRATE hit the shelves. Readers from all over the world sent in their funniest, scariest, sexiest pirate names and we had a ball!

Then I started thinking, why would a name contest have to be 'just for fun?' How about a contest where a reader can actually name an important character in my current WIP--STROKE OF GENIUS?

The yummy Fortin & Sanders pic above provides me with plenty of inspiration for my hero Crispin Hawke. Now I need your help in rounding out the character of his manservant and friend. And that starts with choosing the right name.

The reader who sends in the winning name will receive signed copies of all my backlist, including A CHRISTMAS BALL (which is coming out September 29th!)PLUS, they will receive a heartfelt "thank you" on the acknowledgment page of STROKE OF GENIUS.

Got your thinking cap on? Great! Click here for all the details and how to enter.

P.S. If you'd like to help me spread the word, you can grab the STROKE OF GENIUS widget code for your blog or myspace. Plus my inspiration for Crispin is highly decorative, don't you think? Thanks in advance!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like an awesome contest!
*nabs sexy widget*

I really love the Fortis & Sanders pics, do they have a website where I can see more of they're works??

Nynke said...

Cool! I'm gonna do my best, even though I don't particularly need to win all your backlist (got them all so far, of course). and I'll tell my creative sister :)

Genella deGrey said...

What time period?
XXX's heritige?
:)
G.

EmilyBryan said...

I haven't been able to find a website for Fortis & Sanders, but here is Lynn's blog. She shares about their process which I find fascinating. Tell her I sent you!
Lynn Sanders Caprice

EmilyBryan said...

Nynke--Thanks for spreading the word.

Genella--If you go to STROKE OF GENIUS Name a Character Contest all will be revealed!

EmilyBryan said...

Well, that didn't work. Let's try again to make a link to Lynn Sander's blog: LynnSandersCaprice

Unknown said...

Hi Em,

I would love to post your contest on my blogs and myspace. Please let me know if that is okay with you. Oh, I would also, promo it on Facebook.

Oh, and I have some really interesting names that aren't in use(yet) in my own WIP.

Happy Reading!
Christine
http://www.eroticbookjunkies.blogspot.com
http://romanticcrushjunkies.blogspot.com

EmilyBryan said...

Absolutely,Christine. I would be very grateful if you post a blurb about my contest on your sites and do please grab to code for the widget. It's easy and seems to be working, (the anti-techno queen said in wonderment!) Thanks so much!

I'll watch for your name entries!

Unknown said...

Hi Emily,
I just wanted to drop a note letting you know that STROKE OF GENIUS: Name a Character has been posted on Romantic Crush Junkies and Erotic Book Junkies, both RCJ & EBJ myspaces. Also, blurbed about contest on Facebook this morning. I'm heading over to Twitter to give a shout out for SOG.

If there is anything else I can do, pleae, don't hesitate to ask.
Happy Reading,
Christine
p.s. haven't a clue how to link blog post to comments. If you have the answer, please help a girl out.
But here are the links to the blogs : http://romanticcrushjunkies.blogspot.com
http://www.eroticbookjunkies.blogspot.com

Judith said...

Oh, I so want to enter this contest, but I am abysmally bad at naming my own characters. *smacks head*

I love your picture you've dubbed "Crispin".

~Judy