Saturday, June 20, 2009

To Russia with Love

One of the joys of writing has been watching my stories visit lots of interesting places in the world! MAIDENSONG was my debut title (written under my real name Diana Groe!) So far it's been translated into German and Dutch. I just learned today that foreign rights have been sold to a Russian publisher.

MAIDENSONG is the story of Bjorn, who is oath-bound to deliver the woman he loves to the arms of another man in far away Miklagaard (ancient Constantinople). The story follows Rika and Bjorn down the rivers of 9th century Europe and into a love neither of them expected.

The same Russian publisher also decided to purchase ERINSONG for translation and publication as well. ERINSONG won a rare Desert Isle Keeper Review from All About Romance and is my foreign translation title holder (German, Dutch Italian and now Russian!) It is related to MAIDENSONG. I take Jorand, Bjorn's friend and turn him into the hero for this Irish love story.

When a Northman washes up in Donegal Bay with no memory of himself, an Irish princess is tasked with putting him to useful labor. Their births made them enemies. Their hearts made them lovers.

I love both these stories and even though it's been three years since their initial release, I'm delighted that they'll be finding new readers!

12 comments:

Alaine said...

Congratulations Diana, that's fantastic news. Must be so exciting!

EmilyBryan said...

Thanks Alaine! I really enjoyed my weeklong visit to Royal Reviews. I really enjoyed the "royal treatment!"

Heather D said...

Congratulations!! this must be very exciting for you. do you get copies of your books once they have been translated and sold in other countries...I understand they end up changing the cover as well?

EmilyBryan said...

Yes, Heather. If you check my Going Global page, you'll see the different cover treatments for each market.

When Dorchester receives international copies of my work, they send them to the agent of record for the book. Unfortunately, I can't get the agent who represented me at first to send me anything! And she is still the agent of record for these books.

(No, I will not share her name, but I will say the experience made me sadder, but wiser. Having no agent is better than having the wrong agent.

My previous agent Vivian Beck was wonderful about sending things on. Sadly, she has closed her agency for health reasons.

Now I'm thrilled to announce that I've just formed an agency relationship with the fabulous Natasha Kern and look forward to many years of productivity with her!)

My Dutch reader, Nynke helped me find a number of my Dutch covers. I'm hoping someone in Moscow will help me find digital images of the Russian MAIDENSONG and ERINSONG.

Nynke said...

Congratulations! I'm sure your russian readers will be thrilled to follow Bjorn and Rika's travels through their part of the world :).

Did you know your Dutch publishers finally have their own website? Your names appear on their backlist three times, and Distracting the Duchess can still be ordered :):
http://www.candlelightromans.nl/biblio.htm
and
http://www.candlelightromans.nl/roman786.htm

Oh, and glad to hear you've found a nice new agent!

Have a nice weekend, everyone!

Judith said...

Congratulations! That is awesome news! I'm so pleased fir you.

~Judy

Jane said...

Congrats, Emily.

EmilyBryan said...

Nynke--Thanks for the links!

Judy and Jane--I'm so glad you dropped by!

mrsshukra said...

Congrats, Emily, this is so cool! I must admit, I haven't read Diana Groe but I plan to do so... the English version, of course!

EmilyBryan said...

Thanks, Etriv. Hope you enjoy my Diana Groe Books!

Patricia Barraclough said...

I will have to look for these books. I love the covers.
Congratulations on the international books. Can't you contact Dorchester or the Dutch and Russian publishers to get copies of your books. It is unfortunate about your former agent. The books certainly aren't doing her any good.

EmilyBryan said...

Good idea, Patricia, but I hate to be a bother to my publisher over a problem with a former agent. It's not Dorchester's fault. They are doing what they are contractually obligated to do.

This is just one of those live and learn things. I don't hold any grudge. Who has time for that? But I would love to see the Russian covers eventually.