It's always fun to win an award and even better when the kudos come from a friend. My cyber-pal, Teddyree has honored my blog with the Premio Dardos Award. I had no idea what that means or who Premio might be, so like the good researcher I am, I googled it. Premio Dardos means "prize darts" in Italian. (And here I was thinking it might make a good Italian hero's name!)
Teddy says, "This award acknowledges the values that every blogger shows in his or her effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values every day."
Despite the fact that this makes me sound a little Mother Theresa-ish, I gratefully accept this award. And now comes the fun part--passing it on! Here's where I get to share the award with other bloggers I enjoy.
1. Gerri Russell's Blog - My friend Gerri can always be counted upon to share some pics of guys in kilts (Hey! That's cultural!)
2. MamaWriters- This energetic group focus on writing romance while juggling the demands of family and career! (Talk about values!)
3. Minds Alive on the Shelves - While not a romance blog, this lively site did host me one day on my 50 day/50 blog VEXING THE VISCOUNT tour. The focus of this blog is more literary than commercial fiction, but the owner Lisa is so gracious, I need to include her here. (And besides isn't this blog's title the best definition of what a book really is?)
4. WritersAtPlay - This was most fun I ever had in a blog interview! Click over for a good giggle if you missed my interview with CL Wilson the first time around. The name of the blog says it all.
5. TalkAboutMyFavoriteAuthors - For sheer volume of romance reviews and info, this blog is up there with the big girls and it's run by one spunky English major/aspiring writer, Phoebe Jordan.
6. Penelope's Romance Reviews - Penny's reading tastes are broad and she gives thoughtful, well-written reviews. I've been fortunate to receive lots of raves for my work, but Penny's insights are fresh and intensely 'quotable'--a quality my editor really prizes in reviews!
Thanks again, Teddyree! This was fun! (Be sure to check out Teddy's THE ECLECTIC READER. She always has something interesting to say.)
Now it's your turn to share, gentle reader. What blogs do you especially enjoy?