Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Really Good Drugs . . .

No, I'm not starting a new habit. I'm just in an altered state today because I'm having a colonoscopy done. If there's anything you need to tell me that you really don't want me to know, today's the day to get it off your chest. I will remember squat.

But most of you probably remember that last year about this time I was diagnosed with colon cancer. Thank God and early detection, it was at Stage Two and my treatment only involved surgery, bypassing chemo and radiation. Now we'll learn if that was a good decision. If my colonoscopy is cancer-free, I won't have to have another for 3 years. (Hey! It'll be 2012 and I've heard the world is ending then, so I'm golden!)

This is also my opportunity to nag you a bit. Last month it was mammograms. Now I'm offering a friendly reminder not to forego a screening colonoscopy if your doc recommends one. It could save your life.

And they do give you really good drugs . . .

9 comments:

Alaine said...

Good luck! I will be thinking of you. Hope the news is wonderful!

Hot Ash Romance Novels said...

Best of luck with the procedure, babe! I hope it all comes out okay. (Eek, did I really say that?)

Ash

EmilyBryan said...

Hi Alaine & Ash,

I'm home again and thrilled to report a clean sweep! (did I realy say that?) Thank you, God. Now I'm good for three years!

Nynke said...

Clean sweep! Yay! Congrats!

librarypat said...

Have had several done as regular check-ups and the worst part of it is drinking that gallon of yuck the night before to clean you out.
Am so glad to hear the results were good.

Carol L. said...

Clean sweep is the best news you could hear. So congrats Emily. My son is going for one on Monday because of something seen on an ultra sound. Bets of luck Emily.
Carol L.

EmilyBryan said...

Thanks for the well-wishes, everyone!

Carol--I'll be praying that they find nothing of significance when they do your son's. But please do tell him not to stress over the procedure. I truly remember nothing from the moment the nurse asked me to turn on my side to the moment I opened my eyes and caught my DH smiling at me while I slept.
Pat is right. The prep work the day before is the worst of it.

Please let me know how the test turns out so I can rejoice with you or pray.

Teddyree said...

Em, so glad to hear the good news and your bowel is sacred ground for 3 more years LOL. I agree the prep is gross but the drugs on the day are nice compensation :-)

EmilyBryan said...

I don't know about sacred ground, but it certainly is good when all the plumbing works. LOL!