Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Snakes on a Romance Book?

That's a resounding "Yessssss!" according to my friend S.A. Price. When she asked if I'd help her get the word out about her very out-of-the-box paranormal, I said, "Sure." If you're a fan of "shifter" romance, you're going to be intrigued by her innovative twist. My blog is now yours, S.A.

_________________________________________________________


On January 19th, Entwined by Fate the first in a innovative and sexy new series from S.A.Price releases. This series breaks the accepted boundaries on what is familiar in the shifter genre, by having Ophidians, or weresnakes as a focus.

Thirty females of the Ophidian race have gone missing, most from the transient nest of Las Vegas, a rogue and unofficial nest run by the Saint, John Merrick. Believed to be dead by every Archon in the states, Merrick leads a quiet and unassuming life, saving those of his race that are lost and need it most. It's a solitary existence, one that he hates every day. He yearns for his mate, the woman he left over a decade before, and the woman who thinks him dead to this day.

When Elise Rizdon gets the official invitation to the Archon meeting in Ohio by the leader of a new Midwestern nest, she never expected to see the love of her life at the woman's side, a man she was told was dead and buried. She lost him once upon a time, and she never fully recovered. Focusing on the issues, and not the man that has always made her body burn is not going to be easy. A disturbing event is on the horizon, one that threatens all Ophidian's and their way of life. In order to survive they will have to work together, give up old grudges and take chances on the things that matter most. Love, life and the continuation of their race.

And the reviews have been amazing!

S.A. Price has written a winner! The taut plot line and the constant danger lurking at every corner increase the tension as the reader anxiously turns the pages. S.A. Price does a marvelous job at integrating subplots and smoothly fitting all of the pieces together. The secondary romances developing within the plot line make the happily-ever-after all the more satisfying. Brilliant!
~Recommended Read, Ck2s Kwips and Kritiques

“Move over werewolf’s there’s a new game in town!”
~ Smokin Hot Books

“It kept me captivated …I just had to know what was going to happen next!”
~Books, Books and More Books

"A sexy were species that really pushes the envelope! Who knew snakes could be so hot-blooded!?"
~Jennifer Armintrout, best selling author of the Blood Ties series

Interested? Check out why this book is getting such amazing feedback, and help us prove that weresnakes are sssexy and that scales could definitely be the new fur for you shifter readers!

JOIN THE REVOLUTION! You can read an excerpt here and you can buy the E book from All Romance E books and the print from Amazon.

_______________________________________________________
Thanks for stopping by and sharing this with us, S.A.

What do you think? Are you open to shape-shifter romance? Do you seek out innovative paranormals or stick with Vampires and Werewolves? Or do you prefer human only in your romances?

6 comments:

Amanda McIntyre said...

Wow, what a fascinating story idea! Congrat on breaking ground for this type of shifter!

Looks like an incredible read!

Amanda McIntyre

Stella Price said...

Thanks for letting me play on the blog today Em, you are a goddess you know that!?

Amanda: thanks! Its been a hard road with it, but I'm confident that readers will embrace the snake shifters, I mean they are different and I think the romance world needs different right now!

Stella (the S of S.A.Price)

EmilyBryan said...

You know I bet there were some nay-sayers when Stephanie Meyers suggested vegetarian vampires too!

librarypat said...

This sounds interesting. Never even considered snakes as a shifter species, but why not? I've read some shifter books and enjoyed some of them. There are some good writers out there doing shifter books. It certainly opens different plot possibilities.
There are a lot of people out there who can not deal with snakes. I can see that as your one drawback. I have a python that I do school programs, etc with. I still can't believe the negative reactions to her.
Congratulations on your book. I hope you do well with the release and the series. I look forward to reading them.

EmilyBryan said...

S.A--I'm getting some push back on my Facebook about snakes in general and honestly, I'm not wild about reptiles myself. There seems to be an almost universal horror of snakes that's bred in the bone (a throw-back to Eden perhaps?)

What made you decide to develop a shifter series based on them and what do you say to readers who are freaked out by snakes?

Mitzi H. said...

Sounds like a terrific story and I just added your book to my wishlist.

I've never had a problem with snakes...only spiders.

My uncle brought home a python from Vietnam when I was a youngster...and my folks have movie film with it crawling up (and around) my leg till it reached my neck. I remember thinking it felt so soft and smooth but was never scared.

As kids, I also remember swimming in creeks with (what we called water snakes) and loved watching their yellow stripes weave thru the water. They didn't bite and were very friendly...or as friendly as snakes can be.

Looking forward to reading your book. Congrats on the release!!!

Mitzi H.