Sunday, March 22, 2009

Interview with a Courtesan!


In VEXING THE VISCOUNT, our heroine Daisy Drake must masquerade as a courtesan in order to trick Lucian (the vexed viscount himself!) into letting her help him find a lost Roman treasure. Daisy knows nothing of sensual love but what she’s read in a real courtesan’s very explicit journal. I tracked down the author of that naughty bit of literature, the elusive Mlle. Blanche La Tour.

Emily Bryan: Hello Blanche. Thanks for taking time to visit with us today.

Blanche: (smothering a yawn) But, of course. You’re my author. Did I have a choice?

Emily Bryan: Well, no.

Blanche: (shrugging) Next time, may I request we meet later in the day? I rarely rise before noon, you know. Occupational hazard.

Emily Bryan: Ah, yes, the business of pleasure. Revealing your trade secrets in writing is a risky enterprise. Are you aware that Daisy Drake is using your journal to impersonate you?

Blanche: (looses a silvery peal of laughter that fizzes in the ear like champagne bubbles) How utterly delicious! If she’s pretending to be me, I’m sure Miss Drake will have a wonderful time.

Emily Bryan: You’re not angry that someone has assumed your identity?

Blanche: I support whatever helps a person release their sensual nature. You used to do a little stagework, Emily, when you sang professional opera. You know the liberating nature of an assumed identity. A little role playing is a healthy thing, don’t you think?

Emily: We’re not talking about me right now.

Blanche: (lips curve in a knowing smile) So you say.

If you'd like to peek in on the rest of this interview, click over to Dorchester Publishing! Blanche reveals more of her courtesan's heart.

And for even more from the notorious Blanche La Tour, visit my COURTESAN CLUB!

3 comments:

Nynke said...

*giggles* ... that was another fun interview :)

Teddyree said...

LMAO... that was great

EmilyBryan said...

I don't think she's entirely trustworthy, but my DH likes Blanche very much! ;)